As much at we love fine jewellery this is our fine print
Errors and Omissions
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that services, products and prices are accurate and clearly detailed, Carters Jewellers will accept no liability for any errors or omissions.
Items out of stock
Where stock is unavailable, the customer will be informed with the opportunity to accept an immediate refund, wait for new stock or accept a substitute product. It is not our policy to substitute items without the customers consent.
Ordering process and contract information
By completing the electronic order, you are making an offer to purchase goods, which if accepted by us, will result in a binding contract.
After you have placed the order
1. We will as soon as possible send you an email to acknowledge your order. It will confirm which goods have been ordered. This email is not an acceptance of order from us, at this stage no contract is formed between us.
2. When your item is ready for collection we will send you a confirmation email. This email is a formal acceptance of your order by us. This now means that a binding contract is now formed and we are now obliged to fulfil our obligations under the binding contract. Please note that orders will only be ready for collection once we have authorization from your payment card user. Where there are issues with the authorization process your item may be delayed as a result. We reserve the right to refuse any order.
When you order from us online you are entitled to a 14 days cooling off period. During this you can return your goods without any charge for an exchange.
If for any reason you are not happy with the item when you come to collect from us we offer a full refund, as it has not already been taken away from the premises, with no questions asked.
Reasons which would affect your 14 day cooling off period and result in no refund or exchange:
1) The item is not in a perfect saleable condition as when it was received.
2) The item has been worn and the security tag has been removed or tampered with.
3) The item has been resized (at any establishment other than Carters Jewellers) or the diamond has been tampered with.
4) The item does not come back in the original packaging i.e. Box and with a full receipt and proof of purchase.
5) The refund will be with the original method of payment.
Refund will be processed within 7 working days.
All prices include VAT.
We take no liability for micro setting products – as these settings are very delicate and may be restricted on sizing otherwise will have to be ordeed and can take up to six to eight weeks. Sizing will be at the customers own risk. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Please consider that size may differ, as every computer monitor is set differently i.e. colour and size may vary slightly.
Not all our items are certified, unless specified. We will provide an approximate size, colour and clarity on request.
All payments will go through our pay and collect service – please call us on 01204 533015 and speak to one of our jewellery consultants whom will assist with your purchase via a wire bank transfer.
All orders can take 10-15 working days depending on availability of each item and if sizing/alterations are needed. If you would need it sooner please contact us to see if we can meet further deadlines.
Provided free of charge with every purchase made at Carters Jewellers where this is required. This allows you to insure the item for the full retail value not the price you have paid should the unfortunate happen. This will provide approximate specifics i.e. diamond colour, clarity. This can also be used as a means of authenticity, providing peace of mind.
All items are hallmarked or marked indicating the purity and fineness of a metal. We take no liability for second hand items i.e. hallmark faded or old antique pieces. No liability will be taken for second hand items however they have all been checked over before being displayed in the window.
By using the website you confirm that you are at least 18 years old or you have the authority and consent of your parent/guardian to do so.
We guarantee that the diamonds in your jewellery will not ‘come out’ at any time however there are chances that they can be dislodged due to rough handling and routine usage. We therefore strongly recommend that you insure your jewellery fully as loss of diamonds or any other stone is not covered under our guarantee.
Where we use the term diamond in our terms and conditions this also refers to any other semi-precious stone or jewellery item.
Superb range of jewellery for every occasion with a high quality service.- Shafiq Ahmed
Fantastic service and the ring looks gorgeous. A diamond certificate is provided. I am very happy I would recommend Carters Jewellers to everyone and would use them again.- Mr H. Bolton
Excellent service! I will definitely be shopping in their store again. The Engagement ring we purchased was outstanding value and very unique. The member of staff who dealt with us was very helpful and professional.- Angela B.